Oclaro announced that they will be showcasing a live demo of a CFP8 transceiver operating over 10km in their booth #384 at ECOC 2016 in Dusselforf, Germany from Sept 19-22, 2016. Featuring a small 40mm x 102mm x 9.5mm form factor, the new CFP8 module delivers four times more bandwidth than existing 100G solutions, enabling to meet the demand for higher data rates between router and transport 400G client side interfaces in core networks.
"Oclaro continues to raise the bar on delivering the higher-density, lower costs, lower power dissipation and pluggable interfaces that customers need for next generation 400G networks," said Yves LeMaitre, President, Optical Connectivity Business at Oclaro, Inc. "As the first optical company to demonstrate a CFP8 design, we have once again leveraged our proven leadership in delivering volume CFP modules, and our world-class expertise in photonics integration and cooled 1310 nm 28 Gbps EA-DFB laser technologies. As we continue stretching the limits of core optical technologies, this expertise will be critical for moving the industry forward and providing the higher bandwidths required in future networks."
About the CFP8 Transceiver
Their 400G CFP8 transceiver provides customers with a dense-port and high-throughput solution with its compact size and low power consumption. It leverages proven technology from their earlier CFP, CFP2 and CFP4 designs to ensure high quality and high performance. This includes their best-in-class cooled 1310 nm 28 Gbps EA-DFB laser technology, integrated TOSA and ROSA, and 28 Gbps 4 channel integrated PIN-PD array.
Additional features of the Oclaro CFP8 transceiver include the following:
- Compliant with 400GBASE-LR8 optical and CDAIU-16 electrical interface specifications that are under final standardization process by the IEEE 802.3bs task force;
- Fully integrated 8l x 53.125Gbit/s optical transceiver module modulated using 4-level pulse amplitude modulation (PAM4) format;
- Consists of 1310nm wavelength EA-DFB LDs, Driver ICs, PIN photo-diodes, Trans Impedance Amplifier (TIA) ICs, Optical Multiplexer/De-Multiplexer and a PAM4 to NRZ encoder/De-coder and SERDES integrated DSP IC with a 16 channel x 26.5625Gbit/s electrical interface;
- Conforms to CFP8 hardware specifications for mechanical dimensions, connectors and footprint; and
- Features power supply voltage of +3.3V and is hot pluggable in Z-direction by a 124-pin connector.